This 1-day workshop is designed to help managers and employers ensure that they have a fair and consistent grievance handling procedure in their workplace. By the end of the workshop, the learners will know how to handle grievance and ensure that minor and gross misconduct are handled appropriately, how to conduct an appropriate investigation and disciplinary hearing.
- Introduction and overview
- Understanding employee grievances
- Common factors influencing grievance in the workplace
- Types of employee grievances/disputes
- The grievance handling procedure
- Roles, responsibilities and legal rights of the stakeholders
- Formal vs. informal grievance handling
- Investigation best practices
- Conducting formal investigation
- Qualities of good investigator
- Planning your investigation
- Preparing for interviews
- Undertaking the investigation
- Cross examination – finding the facts
- Closing the grievance procedure
- Disciplinary actions – formal/informal
- Grievance issues and legal context
- Specific related laws in Pakistan
- Common tips on how to avoid employment disputes
The facilitator will take highly participatory approach, with facilitated discussions, role plays for skill building in required areas, group exercises and opportunities for peer learning. Course materials and case studies will be customized as per sector of the organization to make learning relevant.
Who should attend?
The workshop is ideal for human resource professionals, organizational development professionals, members of grievance committee, department managers, and other organizational staff engaged in employee relations or interested in grievance procedures in the workplace.