This training aims to provide a basic understanding of finance and accounting concepts to non-finance professionals. Financial literacy is essential to enable you to assess the performance of your department, recognize areas of further improvement and make decisions that will boost the profitability of your organization as a whole. In this training which is delivered as afternoon sessions, you will learn to read financial statements understand costing methods for your product or service and assess the profitability and financial position of your organization.
- Basic concepts in finance and accounting
- Components and basic structure of financial statements
- Basic accounting principles and practice of accounting
- Costing methods, cost classification and break-even analysis
- Understanding financial ratios and how to calculate
- Interpretation of financial statements through ratio analysis
- Time value of money